PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix hangs at startup with SCSI detection(aic7xxx module)

sjoerd
03-23-2003, 10:57 PM
hi,
when I try to boot KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-03-21b-EN from CD in ide-cd drive the system hangs on the SCSI card detection. Boot with "noscsi" works fine. the scsicard is a adaptec 2940 u2w with a plextor 12/10/32s cdwriter attached.
is there a solution for this problem?
thx, Sjoerd

rickenbacherus
03-24-2003, 12:17 AM
I can personally attest that Knoppix does in fact work with Adaptec scsi controllers. I have the same model. Have you tried booting with the scsi drive disconnected just to see if it will load the module for the scsi controller? Do you know that your cables are OK and connected tightly?

sjoerd
03-24-2003, 08:27 PM
I can personally attest that Knoppix does in fact work with Adaptec scsi controllers. I have the same model. Have you tried booting with the scsi drive disconnected just to see if it will load the module for the scsi controller? Do you know that your cables are OK and connected tightly?

no, thanks i will try that. Although under XP and SuSe I have no problems recognized and burning.

rickenbacherus
03-24-2003, 09:11 PM
If it works under SuSE then it should work under Knoppix but obviously it doesn't. I just threw out a few guesses really. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.