PDA

View Full Version : No boot at all!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Axiomatico
09-28-2004, 06:00 PM
Well Force Bringers, I´m Lost, some month pass since I ´ve started trying to boot with knoppix 3.3 and still no results where achieved. Believe when I say that I have prove EVERITHING, nodma acpi=off ram=120 vga=normal desktop=wmaker noscsi, swiching some things in the bios, like disiable plug and play OS, able vga pallete snoop. I´m just tired and at this poit I really don´t know what to do.

The machine is a Slot-1 PIII-450, 128 Mb ram (8Mb shared video). The mobo is a PCChips 478LMRT. The modem get burn in a storm so it has an intel one.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!! :lol:

UnderScore
09-28-2004, 06:26 PM
Does it boot anything? Is windows on the HD? Is linux on the HD? Is there a HD? Does it boot a Redhat/Mandrake/DamnSmall/Gentoo/Debian CD? Does it boot from floppy? You posted your cheatcodes & thye look good. What exactly happens when you boot? Any error messages? Blinking cursors?
Please elaborate so we can help you.

James

Axiomatico
09-28-2004, 08:46 PM
Well, I will start the tale:

1- I´m a newie, i´ve never touch a Linux OS, but I can´t stand W$s anymore.
2- I work with W$s mille edit. and it boots well in my HD (SAMSUNG 8 GB 5400 rpm), and it works well!
3- I´ve tried many cheat codes: When I use vga=normal it apeard wmlinuz..... an thats all; when I try expert I can reach the scsi check (I tried expert noscsi and nothing change); At last when I try failsafe Appears WELCOME TO KNOPPIX LINUX!! and I see something like a promt (LIKE DOS C:\> you know) and gess what!!! NOTHING.
3-I tried using screen=800x600 and can only reach the little penguin and a cursor and thats it.

When I start I use: knoppix vga=normal ram=120M screen=800x600 lang=es desktop=wmaker noscsi

I´m missing something??? I will not give up.

I know sooner or later it will work.

if you need some information please ASK!!!!!

THAK YOU (gracias amigo)

Axiomatico
Argentina :lol:

firebyrd10
09-28-2004, 09:36 PM
Well, I will start the tale:

1- I´m a newie, i´ve never touch a Linux OS, but I can´t stand W$s anymore.
2- I work with W$s mille edit. and it boots well in my HD (SAMSUNG 8 GB 5400 rpm), and it works well!
3- I´ve tried many cheat codes: When I use vga=normal it apeard wmlinuz..... an thats all; when I try expert I can reach the scsi check (I tried expert noscsi and nothing change); At last when I try failsafe Appears WELCOME TO KNOPPIX LINUX!! and I see something like a promt (LIKE DOS C:\> you know) and gess what!!! NOTHING.
3-I tried using screen=800x600 and can only reach the little penguin and a cursor and thats it.

When I start I use: knoppix vga=normal ram=120M screen=800x600 lang=es desktop=wmaker noscsi

I´m missing something??? I will not give up.

I know sooner or later it will work.

if you need some information please ASK!!!!!

THAK YOU (gracias amigo)

Axiomatico
Argentina :lol:

Unless your use the 2.6 kernel, don't use noscsi. 2.4 (the defualt boot) requres scsi enumlation to access the cd-roms.

Also, try adding testcd to you list of cheatcodes.

Axiomatico
09-29-2004, 06:04 PM
I´ll try testcd, but it seems to be the same because i´ve tried the cd in others computers and it wors OK

Thanks anyway, your the best! :lol:

Axiomatico
10-01-2004, 11:49 AM
does anyone know if getting a new version o KNOPPIX it would work? Cuold it be a problem with an old kernel????

Please it is important to me to use the program, it is the third time I post the problem, IS THERE A LINUX MASTER IN THIS WORLD WHO CAN HELP ME?? :?: :?: :cry: