PDA

View Full Version : I am trying to find screen savers for knoppix.

chris-harry
09-29-2004, 09:47 AM
yeah... well... i cant use apt get... because the computer which has knoppix on it, well... isnt connected to the internet *sob*...

Cuddles
09-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Not quite sure about this, so, don't be surprised if it dont work, or is "shot down" by someone else, but...

Maybe you can download the .deb package from a site, on a computer that is connected, and transfer it, the file that is, by use of floppy or some other "common" media of the two systems, and then use dpkg to install the .deb package that way??? ( not sure if this will work, but I think it should ) -=- the only other way, that I can think of, is to go after the Source Code for the program, copy it to your Knoppix system, and compile it within Knoppix ( this being the last "ditch" effort )...

Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles

chris-harry
10-05-2004, 12:34 PM
thanks... but do you know where to find them?

CrashedAgain
10-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Not quite sure about this, so, don't be surprised if it dont work, or is "shot down" by someone else, but...

Maybe you can download the .deb package from a site, on a computer that is connected, and transfer it, the file that is, by use of floppy or some other "common" media of the two systems, and then use dpkg to install the .deb package that way??? ( not sure if this will work, but I think it should ) -=- the only other way, that I can think of, is to go after the Source Code for the program, copy it to your Knoppix system, and compile it within Knoppix ( this being the last "ditch" effort )...

Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
Yes, this will work. The only downside is that dpkg can't/won't sort out dependencies if there are any when it is installing from an already downloaded package.
Try http://www.kde-look.org/ for screensavers or google search.