PDA

View Full Version : Using Adobe Photoshop CS 8.0 : Some Basics

david7035 1
09-29-2004, 11:51 PM
[deleted] by mod

nishtya
09-30-2004, 12:41 AM
Dear David, this is a very nice bit on photoshop. Having earned a living in graphics for awhile I can tell you it is qute nicely done. But PS is not a linux app. And wine will not run earlier versions of PS on newer linux kernels. I have tried, rilly I have :) would be one more nail in windows' coffin if I could get it working.

So your use of bandwidth here is pretty much spitting in the wind :D

Forum mods: while this is the anything goes forum - gosh you know I use it to vent enough even :roll: I believe David is a bit off the mark with the number and length of posts. Watcha think?

eadz
09-30-2004, 04:19 PM
agreed. David did not write that stuff, it was taken from elsewhere on the web, and is copyright. So it was deleted.

rjryn2
09-30-2004, 09:26 PM
And wine will not run earlier versions of PS on newer linux kernels. ?
Ive seen photoshop 7 running in wine before... and i wouldnt be surprised if someone got 8 working too.

Markus
09-30-2004, 09:54 PM
Well, I have PS6 running on Wine 20040716, BH5 and 2.6.7. How old a version of PS did you mean?
Installation was a breeze: http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=ps6

nishtya
10-02-2004, 09:10 PM
Photoshop 4 :cry: Hey, it's mine and I am not going to sink any more money into Windows apps now since I am into Linux. I did have PS4 going a little (couldn't save without a crash) under wine back on knoppix ages ago.

Was even looking into Crossover Office, would be willing to pay to open up some of my expensive windows apps in Linux but reports are PS that old is pretty hopeless.

I keep plugging away at The Gimp but right now I don't have a substitute for Illustrator. Sodipodi, Karbon14 but neither do eps natively. Karbon14 probably isn't going much further for a long time. Crossing fingers on Sodipodi.

Markus
10-03-2004, 07:25 AM
Oh well, PS4 is a bit old. Mind you, I have a similar situation with PS6. Everybody tells me to get a newer one due to the "great" stiching tool. But I have so little use for it nowadays.
You've probably seen this one already but...: http://linuxshop.ru/linuxbegin/win-lin-soft-en/table.shtml#42