PDA

View Full Version : Error?...

tytons
09-30-2004, 03:54 PM
hmm im using knoppix to try to do some backup recovery on my windows xp...ive got the cd from a friend of mine and when it reaches the boot prompt

i typed knoppix lang=us
after that a linux penguin appear with and Error stating "one processor found" and it continues with some hardware detection n all...then it shuts down my pc...can some1 help me...i dont know if its my hardware detection that failed the booting or...wat?

thanks alot

CrashedAgain
09-30-2004, 04:57 PM
Probably knoppix is unable to correctly configure some of your hardware. try booting with one of the cheatcodes 'knoppix lang=us noapci or nodma or no???'. Press f2 for a list of cheatcodes.
Be careful working with NTFS systems like XP, you will have to enable ntfs support ('captive ntfs') if you are going to write to the HD.

tytons
09-30-2004, 05:35 PM
hmm...my drives are Fat32...hmm just curious...y does knoppix need my sound card to boot?cos i think thats the prob..im using a build in sound card...acc97 i tried doin an expert boot and tho i selected the acc97 card it didnt seem to work...any idea y?

ps: the cheatcodes doesnt show anything like nodma, noapci...where did u get that command?

mzilikazi
09-30-2004, 06:53 PM
hmm im using knoppix to try to do some backup recovery on my windows xp...ive got the cd from a friend of mine and when it reaches the boot prompt

i typed knoppix lang=us
after that a linux penguin appear with and Error stating "one processor found" and it continues with some hardware detection n all...then it shuts down my pc...can some1 help me...i dont know if its my hardware detection that failed the booting or...wat?

thanks alot

knoppix lang=us nosmp

OErjan
09-30-2004, 08:18 PM
here is a list on several of the available boot parameters also known as cheatcodes.
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes
enjoy

shah
10-01-2004, 03:37 AM
Agrred with Mzilikazi. It's smp error/problem.
nosmp noapic

:D :D

tytons
10-01-2004, 04:09 PM
thanks alot guys...but unfortunately after all the detecting thing...it still says some sound module thing is missing there there was something about static-x something...and then it shuts down again...i cant really read it cos it kinda just show the text then went to a blank screen real fast

tried knoppix lang=us nosmp btw...it took off the error...but still the sound thing makes it unbootable..