PDA

View Full Version : AsRock K7VT2 usb problem(no recognition of devices)

M_Hillebrand
03-24-2003, 12:44 PM
Hello,

Knoppix is not toally new for my ... although I'm not a professional linux user, rather a newbie.

My problem with this board is, that a MS-Natural-Keyboard pro(working as generic hub) and a Logitech Wheelmouse USB are connected. Both are not recognised; neither they get power.

USB is found on startup, hotplug is started. usbview shows 3 root hubs, I think, this should be ok(the fourth one is usb 2.0).

btw: Knoppix 3.1 worked without problems in the same configuration ... USB legacy makes no difference.

mfg Matthias

rickenbacherus
03-25-2003, 06:24 PM
Hello,

My problem with this board is, that a MS-Natural-Keyboard pro(working as generic hub) and a Logitech Wheelmouse USB are connected. Both are not recognised; neither they get power.
Have you looked at lsmod ?

USB is found on startup, hotplug is started. usbview shows 3 root hubs, I think, this should be ok(the fourth one is usb 2.0).

Your usb devices don't show up eh?

btw: Knoppix 3.1 worked without problems in the same configuration ... USB legacy makes no difference.

I take this to mean you are using Knoppix 3.2 correct? If you need more help post the output of lsmod .

M_Hillebrand
03-26-2003, 11:00 AM
I take this to mean you are using Knoppix 3.2 correct? If you need more help post the output of lsmod .

yes, I am using 3.2. Lsmod says:

usbcore [usb-uhci]
usb-uhci (unused)

cheers, Matthias

rickenbacherus
03-26-2003, 02:03 PM
Could you post the enire lsmod please. The whole enchilada.