PDA

View Full Version : How do I update QT parted?

rrfish72
10-02-2004, 10:52 PM
I see that there is an newer version of QT and would like to update or upgrade. How do I go about doing that?

CrashedAgain
10-03-2004, 03:44 AM
I see that there is an newer version of QT and would like to update or upgrade. How do I go about doing that?
'apt-get -t unstable qtparted' should do it. I'm assuming the newest version will be in unstable.
Also, the version of 'parted' which is included with Knoppix is a 'mini' version (I think called parted-bf' & can be replaced with a full version. 'apt-get -t unstable parted' will do it

rrfish72
10-03-2004, 05:42 AM
Did not work. This is why I'm trying to change that version:

root@rrfish72:~# qtparted
Warning: Unable to align partition properly. This probably means that another p artitioning tool generated an incorrect partition table, because it didn't have the correct BIOS geometry. It is safe to ignore,but ignoring may cause (fixable ) problems with some boot loaders.
No Implementation: Support for opening ntfs file systems is not implemented yet.

Is there another way to correct this so I can run qtparrted without it getting hung up any more. After scanning hda it just sits and does nothing.

shah
10-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Open Kpackage, select Updated tab, and hit Find icon and search for qtparted, it will list a new version. Select the new version and install.
:D :D