PDA

View Full Version : USB Keyboard doesnt work at ONLY the boot screen

superlyduper
10-05-2004, 11:02 PM
My USB keyboard does not work at the boot screen where one enters cheat codes, but works in the BIOS and in the desktop. Can somebody help me fix this problem? I am not able to boot properly without entering cheat codes.

I have an slightly older computer whos PS/2 keyboard port has broken, so I bought a USB keyboard to use with it. I am not able to type in cheat codes to change refresh rates and resolution as my monitor (compaq MV520) is detected as another monitor with slightly higher default refresh rates, and my can not handle those settings.

Thank you

I do not have "Enable Legacy USB Keyboard support" option in my bios. I have checked many times.

firebyrd10
10-06-2004, 03:47 AM
My USB keyboard does not work at the boot screen where one enters cheat codes, but works in the BIOS and in the desktop. Can somebody help me fix this problem? I am not able to boot properly without entering cheat codes.

I have an slightly older computer whos PS/2 keyboard port has broken, so I bought a USB keyboard to use with it. I am not able to type in cheat codes to change refresh rates and resolution as my monitor (compaq MV520) is detected as another monitor with slightly higher default refresh rates, and my can not handle those settings.

Thank you

I do not have "Enable Legacy USB Keyboard support" option in my bios. I have checked many times.
Unfortunaly knoppix doesn't load the usb modules needed to support a USB keyboard.
IF the BIOS would support it could work, but your doesn't.

You could always make a boot floppy with the cheatcodes on it. But i'm not sure hows to do it.

superlyduper
10-11-2004, 12:00 AM
Does anybody know how I can make a floppy to store cheat codes and how to conviently edit it? Thanks

shah
10-11-2004, 09:52 AM
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13495