PDA

View Full Version : hello world! did I have an really stuppid idea?

gmamorim
10-08-2004, 03:01 AM
Well, this will sound like an cat barking but... i really have to ask the comunitty to try...
I read much about remastering the knoppix and other things.. I tried to make a small customizing in my knoppix.... but it failed.. very much :shock: !
No i could suggest to you.... :idea: Why dont u make an Windows( :oops: ) very small software that is capable to choose:
> Distros inside debian.... :!:
> Be bootable or not, like knoppix is!!!
> The packages avaliabes in stable, testing and even in unstable!!!
> Make the package depedencies files automatically
> the conf files setup based on the hardware u have!!!!
> Make the iso files to you!

This might sound really stupid, but i have a very limitted experience in linux, i am used to windows :oops: ....
It would be very useful to change the windows by the freedom that linux based system offers to me.... :twisted: It would be much easier (wrong spell?) to convince the MS user to migrate to linux.....
I really hope u could do this....
By now, i will just thanks the time all will lose reading this.... :(

CrashedAgain
10-12-2004, 03:41 AM
Well, this will sound like an cat barking but... i really have to ask the comunitty to try...
I read much about remastering the knoppix and other things.. I tried to make a small customizing in my knoppix.... but it failed.. very much :shock: !
No i could suggest to you.... :idea: Why dont u make an Windows( :oops: ) very small software that is capable to choose:
> Distros inside debian.... :!:
> Be bootable or not, like knoppix is!!!
> The packages avaliabes in stable, testing and even in unstable!!!
> Make the package depedencies files automatically
> the conf files setup based on the hardware u have!!!!
> Make the iso files to you!

This might sound really stupid, but i have a very limitted experience in linux, i am used to windows :oops: ....
It would be very useful to change the windows by the freedom that linux based system offers to me.... :twisted: It would be much easier (wrong spell?) to convince the MS user to migrate to linux.....
I really hope u could do this....
By now, i will just thanks the time all will lose reading this.... :(
There are Knoppix based distros similar to what you are describing....and it is not at all a stupid idea.
One is Morphix. It is a 'Modular' distro, you can choose the basic system or a more complete system with KDE, etc.
Or you can custom remaster your own. It's a bit of work but there are several how-to's including this one http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/RemasterFromHDInstallHowTo which I wrote.
You have available all the applications from unstable , testing and stable while doing your customization using apt-get, just specify which you want thus:
apt-get -t unstable install <package name>.
Apt-get will take care of dependencies for you.
Knoppix hardware detection & setup is already very good and will do most of the configs for you.
And finally, there are scripts which will automate the iso making process. See posts in this forum 'Remastering the Easy Way'. This uses a different remastering setup then I use but it does automate a lot of the process for you.