PDA

View Full Version : Administrator Mode - what's the Password?

Plip
03-25-2003, 10:14 AM
Subject says it all - I'm trying to get in to Administrator Mode: -

Start
Control Centre
System
Date & Time
Administrator Mode

Help :)

Ta,

Plip.

horo
03-25-2003, 11:35 AM
Hi Plip,
there are no passwords, so you cannot log in :( .
But you can open a root shell in KDE and type kcontrol.
Or change to the text console with Alt-Ctrl-F2 and type passwd. You are asked twice for the new root passwd. With Alt-Ctrl-F5 you come back to KDE.

Ciao Martin

ifhope
03-25-2003, 12:38 PM

Start
Control Centre
System
Date & Time
Administrator Mode

Ta,

Plip.

when u get automatic login... by knoppix... go to menu of KNOPPIX... and click ROOT SHELL and update password and save these setting on floppy for future usage of same password... if do want to save... come everytime whenever u needed... change the root password by using ROOT SHELL menu inside KNOPPIX menu

VBgod
03-26-2003, 01:31 PM

Start
Control Centre
System
Date & Time
Administrator Mode

Ta,

Plip.

when u get automatic login... by knoppix... go to menu of KNOPPIX... and click ROOT SHELL and update password and save these setting on floppy for future usage of same password... if do want to save... come everytime whenever u needed... change the root password by using ROOT SHELL menu inside KNOPPIX menu
Ok how do I save my setting like passwords and stuff to a floppy disk and have it load it up everytime Koppix Loads.

xile
03-28-2003, 05:57 AM
hey just go to a shell anyone and type "sudo su"
without the " "
then type "passwd"
type the password u want then your all done

bluejay
04-18-2003, 11:52 AM
I tried that. In the root shell, when I enter the command passwd open, I get the response User unknown open. Then when I try to enter the password open to go to administrator mode, I get the response that the password is incorrect. Is that because I am running from the cd and not a hard disk?

bluejay
04-18-2003, 01:07 PM
Found it. The trick is to type just passwd, hit enter and wait for the prompt before entering the new password!