PDA

View Full Version : Wine in Knoppix 3.6

agreatnate
10-09-2004, 11:14 PM
I have worked with Knoppix 3.2 a lot, and I was always able to set up Wine using the WineSetupTK program. I successfully set it up and ran programs both with and without a Windows installation. Now I have downloaded Knoppix 3.6, and I cannnot get wine to work at all from this version. I set it up the exact same way, (Tried with or without using an existing windows installation) And any program that I try always fails with Error Code 139. Has something changed in the WineSetupTK program? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

firebyrd10
10-10-2004, 12:21 AM
I have worked with Knoppix 3.2 a lot, and I was always able to set up Wine using the WineSetupTK program. I successfully set it up and ran programs both with and without a Windows installation. Now I have downloaded Knoppix 3.6, and I cannnot get wine to work at all from this version. I set it up the exact same way, (Tried with or without using an existing windows installation) And any program that I try always fails with Error Code 139. Has something changed in the WineSetupTK program? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Mine works perfectly. Did you do a testcd?

spaceinvader001
10-10-2004, 05:24 AM
Works fine here all versions but im running from my hd when I use wine....