PDA

View Full Version : why my remastered Knoppix boot so slowly?

wen
10-10-2004, 03:36 AM
it take 30 seconds to begin booting my remastered knoppix while KNOPPIX_V3.6 take only 3 seconds to diplay "boot:"

But my remastered knoppix work well after boot.

In my remastering, i just changes two file:
/KNOPPIX/images/backgroud.png
/KNOPPIX/boot/isolinux/logo.16

dave_sussex
12-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Have you tried it with burning another cd to make suer it isnt the medium itself? I have some brands that take ages to get into boot mode.

UnderScore
12-17-2004, 10:41 PM
Have you tried it with burning another cd to make suer it isnt the medium itself? I have some brands that take ages to get into boot mode. That is true. I've seen different CDR brands burned on different CDR burners with being read with different CDROM drives on the very same system ALL produce different boot speeds. AAAAHHHHH! Unfortunaetly a simple fix can not be done to solve this for everyone. In my case the CDROM drive was very poor quality. I bought a new drive and that cleared up the slow boot up times.

firebyrd10
12-17-2004, 10:57 PM
Have you tried it with burning another cd to make suer it isnt the medium itself? I have some brands that take ages to get into boot mode. That is true. I've seen different CDR brands burned on different CDR burners with being read with different CDROM drives on the very same system ALL produce different boot speeds. AAAAHHHHH! Unfortunaetly a simple fix can not be done to solve this for everyone. In my case the CDROM drive was very poor quality. I bought a new drive and that cleared up the slow boot up times.

yea, I had a problem like that. I had two cd drives, if I burn with one of them, it would boot fast in that one but slowly in the other. If I burnt with the other it booted fast in both drives.