PDA

View Full Version : Driver Problem with WMP54G ?

ikarus
10-12-2004, 01:45 PM
I am using a WMP54G, Knoppix 3.6 and Ndiswrapper.
An actual driver from Linksys for the PCI card was loaded.
iwlist wlan0 scanning works fine and I see my WRT54G Gateway with the essid "myname"

BUT iwconfig wlan0 essid "myname" followed by a iwconfig wlan0 shows, that the essid was NOT modified but remains "".
All other paramerter (keys, mode, encryption, etc.) can be modified without problems.

pump -i wlan0 -s leads to operation failed. The same happens with netcardconfig.

With Win2k everything is ok.

How can I resolve the problem?

tlamik
10-13-2004, 06:25 AM
I played with the same configuration a few day ago too.
I have succesfully iwlist and iwconfig wlan0 essid "my_favorit_essid"
and iwconfig shows me that I am connected, I can successfully pump -i wlan0,
BUT I cannot ping. I don't undestand that.
It seems that You are not connected to Your AP, iwconfig shows essid only when You are connected to the AP, so I guess You are not.
Try to write again iwconfig wlan0 essid "xxxxxx" or You can
use iwconfig wlan0 AP "mac adress of Your AP". Probably You may have a bad signal, so sometimes You cannot connect on first try ....
Good Luck, please give me an info If You will have a success .... because I haven't .....

ikarus
10-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Unfortunately iwconfig wlan0 AP "mac adress of Your AP" does not work either. (value does not change)

iwlist wlan0 scanning shows the signal strength and when I place the AP very close to the PCI card the signal is strong enough.

A bit strange is the fact that iwconfig wlan0 sens -60 results in "invalid argument" and the current thershold value of signal is -10 (extrmely high). However the AP next to the antenna gives -2 dBm (?) but essid cannot be changed neither ap.

tlamik
10-14-2004, 07:04 AM
Do Your AP used some crypto like WEP or WPA ? I guess WMP54G haven't WPA support .... Oh, I can see it works in Win !
I have make successfully connection using driverloader, but this sw cost money. You can download driverloader and get a trial licence and may be You will be satisfy. It makes me mad that when I use ndisowrapper I can see nothing in wavemon, but when I try driverloader wavemon works fine .

ikarus
03-22-2005, 11:50 AM
Now I am using Knoppix 3.8 and after apt-get update / upgrade
the Linksys WLAN WMP54G works fine!

Best Regards! :lol: