PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Card (Dlink DWL G650+)

reisyboy
10-12-2004, 11:47 PM
Ok well i have got the drivers ported and it works lights come on and its great when wep on my ap is disabled. However when using the wlcardconfig i enter my wep code... it must not understand it or give it some error because quite simply it doesnt work. It accepts it , it remembers it but when i do netcardconfig and if i do it manually or DHCP it doesnt work.

Now maybe there is somthing more i have todo? If so please tell me :)
I will try to get a note of the error and post it ASAP... as far as i can remember its an error about unrecongnised service. Does anyone have any ideas?

Once again its a DWL-G650+ (note the G)

Any assistance would be welcomed.. Also one last thing... i know abit but i am abit of a noob. So can you please explain if you do step by step (sorry to be a pain)

Many thanks

Reisyboy!

sokminer
10-26-2004, 08:57 PM
This is an acx111 chipset based card. Google acx111 and go to the Craig's guide page (should be 3-5 entries down the page). The instructions will get you up and running in no time. Be aware that WEP is not supported in this driver for the 111 chipset yet.

Have fun. You'll learn alot

sokminer
10-27-2004, 07:08 PM
reisyboy

WEP doesn't work with this driver yet. There's a forum at sourceforge.net where you can keep tabs on the status of WEP.

In any case glad to hear that you got it working

Sokminer

jeeves2001
06-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Hi,

I have the same card (D-Link DWL-G650+) but it is not recognised at all by Knoppix. In the Info centre it says both card slots are empty. Plus the lights on the card NEVER come on. Is there a way to 'boot up' the PCMCIA slots?

By the way I am almost completely new to Linux so any help would be great!