PDA

View Full Version : squashfs -o loop error

ying-yang7
10-13-2004, 12:20 PM
I'm trying the squasfs compression on knoppix.
I modify the kernel, and told to sqfs compile inside the kernel; I recompiled the kernel and change it.
Also, I have changed /knxmaster/vmlinuz (linux24) and I have created a squashfs image.
But, when I boot, it tells me:
"mount: unknown option 'loop' ignored"

I try to mount -o loop /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX /cdrom, and it tells me the same error.
Plz, any idea

Tnx

Steve F
10-13-2004, 01:18 PM
I think your /etc/fstab file needs to be changed. I don't know what the file system type is for squashfs but loop is an existing type that is not squashfs (I think). When you enter mount -t type dev mnt, what does type need to be for squashfs?

ying-yang7
10-13-2004, 03:11 PM
In a little part you have reazon, Steve. When I install the compiled kernel, it needed a fstab file. Because I was in knxsource, I don't have it, and I built a fake fstab. Finishing I don't remember to remove it. :?
(now it's removed)
to be a squashfs type on mount, is mount -t squashfs -o loop ........
but, it tells me the same error.

"mount: unknown option 'loop' ignored"

Tnx

mzilikazi
10-13-2004, 11:20 PM
Maybe you'd like to try to remaster Kanotix instead? It already has both cloop & squashfs compiled in. Bug Hunter 09 is in fact compressed w/ squashfs. It is very simple to remaster Kanotix.

ying-yang7
10-14-2004, 02:09 AM
Kanotix, wait me, I'm Coming!!! :lol:

:wink:

Thanx!

kelmo
10-14-2004, 01:17 PM
The statically compiled ash shell that is used by the knoppix miniroot cannot handle the -o loop option with mount.

ying-yang7
10-19-2004, 12:39 AM
So,
what can I compile ash shell, enabling -o loop command?

Tnx

kelmo
10-19-2004, 01:48 PM
Maybe, I use a static busybox, which includes the ash shell.