PDA

View Full Version : Error Message...

McGrady
10-13-2004, 08:41 PM
i just received a copy of knoppix (i think 2.78) today. it seems to boot up with no problems. but then i get this message

INIT: PANIC: segmentation violation at 0x804ec92! Sleeping for 30 Seconds

i have no idea what to do from that point. if i do nothing the message just repeats every 30 sec's. i am new to linux. any info on how i can get this cd to boot would be greatly appreciated. i have been wanting to use linux for some time now and the first chance i get to use it i get an error.

firebyrd10
10-13-2004, 08:48 PM
i just received a copy of knoppix (i think 2.78) today. it seems to boot up with no problems. but then i get this message

INIT: PANIC: segmentation violation at 0x804ec92! Sleeping for 30 Seconds

i have no idea what to do from that point. if i do nothing the message just repeats every 30 sec's. i am new to linux. any info on how i can get this cd to boot would be greatly appreciated. i have been wanting to use linux for some time now and the first chance i get to use it i get an error.

2.7????

Thats the oldest version i've seen around here. You might want to get 3.6 instead. That might solve your problem.

McGrady
10-13-2004, 08:53 PM
2.78 dont know why it put that smiley there. a teacher of mine gave me the cd to try, not sure how old the version is. i guess i will just download the newest version and burn it to cd. if anyone else knows how i can fix that error in this older version of linux would be appreciated. thanks again