PDA

View Full Version : Access denied?

dr_rude
10-19-2004, 04:45 AM
Good day,

I'm quite surprise with tis distro. Easy to to mount all my external storage. [ my Compact Flash, my USB Drive, my MMC Card and also my Nomad Muvo Mp3 player]. I'm happy dealing with it. :D

But the problem is, when i swith to different user [logon as normal user] i was warning with "Permissions Denied!" when i was trying to mount my external storage? Why?

Help me plz.........

CrashedAgain
10-19-2004, 10:07 PM
Good day,

I'm quite surprise with tis distro. Easy to to mount all my external storage. [ my Compact Flash, my USB Drive, my MMC Card and also my Nomad Muvo Mp3 player]. I'm happy dealing with it. :D

But the problem is, when i swith to different user [logon as normal user] i was warning with "Permissions Denied!" when i was trying to mount my external storage? Why?

Help me plz.........

There are no other users in Knoppix, only 'knoppix'. You would have to create a new user before you can switch to it and you would have to be root to create a new user; thus the 'permission denied' error.
Use Kuser to create a new user, you will probably have to set a root password first which you can do by entering 'sudo passwd' in a terminal console.

dr_rude
10-20-2004, 03:03 AM
Good day,

Tq for advice CrashedAgain. I'll try then.