PDA

View Full Version : Help--Fonts incredible small...and no mouse

vjuliao
10-23-2004, 04:52 PM
Knoppix 3.6, I upgraded knoppix and change the boot to kernell 2.6. All fonts became 10 to 20 times smaller!! On kde i can change that and increase fonts to size 144 (?!) but in firefox/thunderbird/pan and others gtk programs how can I increase fonts??
If I boot to kernell 2.4 everything is allright except the mouse! Doesn't work at all. I tried mouseconfig and test all the options and ...nothing..

My /etc/X11/XF86Config:

protocol PS2
Device "/dev/mouse"
Emulate3Buttons
Emulate3Timeout 70

My mouse is a wheelmouse from microsoft

All help is apreciated

Vjuliao

firebyrd10
10-23-2004, 05:26 PM
Knoppix 3.6, I upgraded knoppix and change the boot to kernell 2.6. All fonts became 10 to 20 times smaller!! On kde i can change that and increase fonts to size 144 (?!) but in firefox/thunderbird/pan and others gtk programs how can I increase fonts??
If I boot to kernell 2.4 everything is allright except the mouse! Doesn't work at all. I tried mouseconfig and test all the options and ...nothing..

My /etc/X11/XF86Config:

protocol PS2
Device "/dev/mouse"
Emulate3Buttons
Emulate3Timeout 70

My mouse is a wheelmouse from microsoft

All help is apreciated

Vjuliao
You'll want to change the XF86Config-4 now, thats what beening used.

vjuliao
10-23-2004, 07:06 PM
I tried now and with kernell 2.4 > no mouse
With kernell 2.6 > mouse ok and small fonts
XF86Config-4 isn't the same to both kernells?
If Yes, why mouse works in one and doesn't work in another?

Vjuliao

OErjan
10-24-2004, 11:01 AM
there was a change in protocols between the kernels. regarding /dev, there your trouble lies. there is a dynamic /dev in 2.6 that adapts to detected hardware as oposed to a static in 2.4 where every consievable device was listed, even if not precent, bulky and inefficient, and not always accurate.