PDA

View Full Version : Intel pro 2200bg on IBM T42 "Not Found"

m32scooby
10-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Hello all. Just threw in the Knoppix live cd into my IBM T42 notebook and all is well...except its not finding my integrated wireless controller. I have the standard IBM wireless card (intel 2200bg) that comes with the centrino, yet nothing seems to be working.

When i try using the netcard config it asks to "Use DHCP Broadcasting" and I hit yes and it says "sending DHCP broadcast from device eth0" and it fails.

Then when I use the Wavelan configuration, it just says "No wireless network card found". I have tried both the 2.4 and 2.6 kernels and it does the same on both.

I also tried booting with nopcmcia thinking that might be causing a problem since im not using a pcmcia card, yet that didn't help either.

Please I would very much appreciate any help you all could give me on this problem. Thanks!

KanotixUser
11-02-2004, 03:27 AM
Hello all. Just threw in the Knoppix live cd into my IBM T42 notebook and all is well...except its not finding my integrated wireless controller. I have the standard IBM wireless card (intel 2200bg) that comes with the centrino, yet nothing seems to be working.

When i try using the netcard config it asks to "Use DHCP Broadcasting" and I hit yes and it says "sending DHCP broadcast from device eth0" and it fails.

Then when I use the Wavelan configuration, it just says "No wireless network card found". I have tried both the 2.4 and 2.6 kernels and it does the same on both.

I also tried booting with nopcmcia thinking that might be causing a problem since im not using a pcmcia card, yet that didn't help either.

Please I would very much appreciate any help you all could give me on this problem. Thanks!

as root:
#modprobe ipw2200
#pump -i eth1

if knoppix doesnt have ipw2200, get Kanotix
www.kanotix.com