PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla kicker icon changes after customization??!?

Peter
03-27-2003, 07:09 PM
After creating a custom Knoppix CD, the icon shown in the KDE kicker changes from the nice square red horsey to a dull grey "M". And here's the strange part - I didn't change Mozilla during the customization.

Has this happened to any of you? I'm pulling my hair out trying to find out how it changes. I think the definition is stored in /usr/share/applnk/Internet/Mozilla Components/Mozilla_Browser.desktop.

Peter
03-28-2003, 10:03 PM
My appologies for calling the Mozilla mascot a horsey, obviously, it's a dog, no wait, it's a lizard, what am I saying.

I watched the status of /mnt/xxx/KNOPPIX/usr/share/applnk/Internet/Mozilla Components/Mozilla_Browser.desktop while I was doing my customizations (removing emacs, and some locales, and adding new software). The file I just mentioned is normally a normal file and not a link like the other files in that directory. Sometime while the locales were being removed, it changed from a real file to a link pointing towards /var/lib/kde...

I suspect that Klaus may have changed that Icon by hand, and then when I removed the locales, the menu-update mess was run and trampled all over his changes (that's my theory anyway).

I modified my customization script to change the file back to a real file and not a link and patch the thing back to Icon=mozilla so that the horsey, I mean lizard shows up as an icon.

If anyone is more knowledgable about how the menu update stuff works, I would appreciate a quick tutorial.

bxb32001
11-09-2003, 11:40 AM
Hmmm, this happened to me but I coouldn't tell when it really happens.... but I figured out how to get back the shiny lizard icon though when it suddenly becomes the undesired icon... right click on the icon itself and click properties.... on the first tab (general) the icon that is used appears like a button -- it IS one.

Click on it and you get a choice of what icon to use... just look for it under applications... I mean 'system icons' is selected and there is a jump menu (don't know how to describe it) beside it... click on the arrow pointing downwards and scroll down to applications... the window below will show you the icons available for the system.... look for the bright shiny red lizard...

I'm just glad that I can help this time and not be the one doing the questions :)

And I did pull my hair out (some of it) the first time it happened...