PDA

View Full Version : framebuffer-problem after hdd-install on Toshiba Laptop

mkjtravel
10-29-2004, 07:27 AM
Hi

I have made a hdd-install, that works just fine. I have just problems with the framebufferdefinition at the startup. With knoppix from CD it works fine. I enter fb1024x768 at the boot prompt and knoppix uses the full screnn of my laptop.
Now at the hdd-installed version this does not work. I have tried
boot: fb1024x768
or
boot: Linux fb1024x768
without results. I have just a little window and not the full screen. How does that translate to the Debian-Version, so it starts correct?

I do have version 3.6.

Thanks for help.

Juergen

mkjtravel
10-29-2004, 11:03 AM
Hi

Ich habe mittlerweile weitergesucht und einige ergänzende Feststellungen gemacht. Vielleicht helfen die weiter.
In der /etc/lilo.conf steht vga=791. Wenn ich das verändere, dann ist auch die Console kleiner dargestellt. Mit 791 wird der gane Display genutzt. Das Problem liegt also anscheinend bei KDE. Wie teile ich KDE mit, dass der Display die Größe 1024x768 hat? Ich habe auch mittlereweile 'append=fb1024x768' in der lilo.conf gesetzt. Aber auch das ohne Erfolg.

Kann jemand was mit den Infos anfangen?

Jürgen

shah
10-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Try append to /etc/lilo.cfg
fb1024x768
or
vga=normal

:D :D

mkjtravel
10-29-2004, 02:54 PM
[quote="shah"]Try append to /etc/lilo.cfg
fb1024x768
or
vga=normal

No chance. I found the following solution. Start from CD with the framebuffer set and then reinstall. I hadn't done that before. I didn't think it was necassary to have a correct CD-start before installation.

Juergen

shah
10-29-2004, 11:24 PM
You're right.
To avoid having problem after hdd installaton, it is better to include all the necessary cheatcodes when booting from cdrom before running installation.

:D :D

CrashedAgain
10-30-2004, 03:16 AM
[quote=shah]Try append to /etc/lilo.cfg
fb1024x768
or
vga=normal

No chance. I found the following solution. Start from CD with the framebuffer set and then reinstall. I hadn't done that before. I didn't think it was necassary to have a correct CD-start before installation.

Juergen

Basically this is the same solution. Knoppix appends all the active cheatcode into lilo when it does a HD install. Sometimes this can cause problems, if you have vga=normal as a cheatcode lilo objects because it already has a vga=791 line & it doesn't like repeats.