PDA

View Full Version : Making sound configuration "stick"

ewangr
10-29-2004, 02:03 PM
When I did my "knoppix-installer" HD install from 3.6, I did not realize that it was somewhat dependent on whether you had started knoppix with the "alsa" option or not.

So now, whenever I reboot, I have to first do:
#cd /etc/init.d
#./alsa-autoconfig

and then I have to:
modprobe snd-az2302

Is there someway to alter the system to do this automagically? From what research I've done, I'm thinking I need to do "something" with my init scripts for the autoconfig, and "something" with the modprobe.conf file to setup the sound card driver. But I'm not overly clear on the exact "something" I should do in each case, and would like to avoid reinstalling on the machine and blowing away a lot of custom configuration I've done to my xfce desktop.

Thanks in advance!

boja
11-07-2004, 08:14 PM
try this:

edit the file "/etc/modules-2.4.27" (or -2.6.7, depends on the kernel you are using)
and add

snd-az2302

to the end of the file.

Then edit the file "/etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh"
and add

/etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig

to the end of the file.

I 'think' that should work. There is probably a better way to do this.
Good luck

CrashedAgain
11-08-2004, 04:14 AM
'Cheatcodes' on a HD install are contained in the 'append=' line in /etc/lilo.conf, so just edit /etc/lilo.conf, add 'alsa' to the list in the 'append=' line then re-run lilo to implement the change. You will have to be root...

ewangr
11-11-2004, 04:00 PM
I 'think' that should work. There is probably a better way to do this.

Good luck

Had to put the alsa bit before the dma bit in the bootmisc.sh file, but otherwise this worked great.

Thanks!