PDA

View Full Version : mysterious kickerrc?

jackiechen858
10-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Hi,

I want to customising the KDE pannel ( add some application Button), and after some reseach I think I found the configuration file :

/mnt/hda2/knx/source/KNOPPIX/etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kickerrc

I modified it, made a new ISO and burned it. But after I boot from this cd I found nothing changed. So I did a serach under the bootcd environment and found I have two kickerrc:

/KNOPPIX/etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kickerrc
/ramdisk/home/knoppix/.kde/share/config/kickerrc

The first one is the file I modified. The second one is same as the original confirguation before I changed it and obvious this is the one really working. does anyone know where the second one come from? and how can I change it?

Thanks.

UnderScore
10-29-2004, 05:04 PM
I could be wrong but I think it is the script /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession that controls how Knoppix populates the /home/knoppix files. If you check the script, you will see some lines that contain lines that read like:

rsync -Ha --ignore-existing /etc/skel/{.kde*,Desktop} $HOME/ 2>/dev/null
It is that those logic blocks & rsync commands that populates the /home/knoppix. I am guessing that in your case, the script is using rsync to copy the config files from another location.
I hope this helps.
James

jackiechen858
10-29-2004, 05:53 PM
Hi UnderScore,

Thank you very much. turned out when I was customising the Knoppix, I deleted the rsync package.