PDA

View Full Version : Newbie-type Question

impure_client
10-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Hey all, is it possible to save anything from Knoppix onto an NTFS hard drive? For example, I tried to save a .doc file written in OpenOffice to my hard drive, and it told me that the file I was trying to save it as did not exist. Is there something I need to do, or is it even possible? Thanks in advance for your help.

uraclea2002
10-29-2004, 06:47 PM
Hey all, is it possible to save anything from Knoppix onto an NTFS hard drive? For example, I tried to save a .doc file written in OpenOffice to my hard drive, and it told me that the file I was trying to save it as did not exist. Is there something I need to do, or is it even possible? Thanks in advance for your help.

I believe you need to use Captive-NTFS , it should be on the cd somewhere. I think you still have to be careful when doing so. If you can, make a fat32 partition for swapping files between Linux and windows. Linux can write to Fat without issue.

Is the drive mounted, and have write permision?

impure_client
10-29-2004, 07:47 PM
Yes, the drive is mounted, and any time I try to change the read/write mode, it sends me an error that says the drive is in use, even when no processes are running. If it has a danger of damaging my hard drive, I'll just boot into windows, I was just curious as to whether it was a possibility. Thank you!