PDA

View Full Version : segmentation fault

CrashedAgain
10-30-2004, 10:22 PM
I have just apt-got Flightgear. No indicated problems with the install, however when I try to run it (/usr/games/fgfl) it errors "Segmentation Fault" . No other error messages.
How do I troubleshoot this?

mzilikazi
10-31-2004, 02:05 PM
Well this is probably of no help but the latest flightgear does work for me on Debian SID. Do you have 3D acceleration? Not even sure if that's a requirement......

CrashedAgain
10-31-2004, 04:10 PM
Well this is probably of no help but the latest flightgear does work for me on Debian SID. Do you have 3D acceleration? Not even sure if that's a requirement......
Yes, I have 3D accel...it's just the standard i810 card but it should a least work. Do you get any error messages? What is a segmentation fault?

mzilikazi
11-01-2004, 05:00 PM
No error messages at all. Now if I just knew how to get that plane to take off. :)

http://cs-www.bu.edu/help/unix/segmentation_fault.html

sgtdawg
11-01-2004, 07:00 PM
do you have a message when you boot up about passing an unknown mode? Just a thought that it may have something to do with the i810 chipset. I was having some problems with that earlier.

CrashedAgain
11-02-2004, 05:33 AM
do you have a message when you boot up about passing an unknown mode? Just a thought that it may have something to do with the i810 chipset. I was having some problems with that earlier.

I did have, that message is caused by Knoppix using vga=791 as a default, using vga=normal either as a cheatcode or in lilo.conf cures it.