PDA

View Full Version : Remote Display?

ewangr
11-01-2004, 01:48 AM
I would like to have my system in a ventilated closet, but have my keyboard, mouse, and display on a desk in the living room. I know about wireless networking, and I know there are wireless keyboards and mice. But how do I get a VGA signal from the closet to a monitor without a wire? Any ideas?

outanet
11-01-2004, 08:25 AM
well, i guess someone could design and build one, technically there is nothing stopping this, however i have never seen anything which could do this effectivly.

If anyone knows of something, let us know, I install and maintain video projectors in pubs and clubs, and this would help enormously as sometimes the vga cable has to travel such a distance around doors etc, the signal starts to degrade, not forgetting the expence of the vga cable itself.

For movies there is the old video sender if your video card has a composite video signal or scan convertor to your tv, but it would be very bad resolution.

shah
11-01-2004, 12:19 PM
Wireless Vga to Vga
http://www.grandtec.com/wirelessVGA.htm

Wireless Vga to TV
http://www.grand.com.tw/index.html

:D :D

ewangr
11-01-2004, 01:09 PM
Well, the price makes it almost easier to justify buying another computer, but this certainly is what I was looking for.

Thanks for the info!

OErjan
11-01-2004, 06:07 PM
yes the tv out can be used wit a wireless device together with your TV.

firebyrd10
11-01-2004, 11:42 PM
I can understand the price, it would take alot of bandwidth to send a signal that far.

I've heard of a VGA-to-optical adaptor, The optical signal is suppose to be able to travel farther and the cable is cheaper.

(Don't remember where I saw it)

nicorellius
11-02-2004, 11:17 PM
No wire - ouch! You could always settle for wire and build yourself a thirty footer and run it along the floor board. That wouldn't look too bad...

shah
11-03-2004, 03:57 AM
Considering the price tag and the trouble, I think it's better to trade-in your system with notebook (wifi capable) or tablet pc.

:D :D :D