PDA

View Full Version : Compiling C files

kepler
11-01-2004, 11:10 AM
Hi,

I was reading the manual, but I didn't find the answer I was looking for. I've got an win32 environment, with Windows XP. As I understood, KNOPPIX boots in the begining of the start up of the computer - so there's no doubts there. My question is: can I compile C projects ( with C source files in the disk - in win32 ) to run in Linux? Is KNOPPIX a cross compiler?

Please answer as accurate as possible.

Best regards,

Kepler

abd_bela
11-01-2004, 12:24 PM
If you use the standard C , I mean whithout graphcal statements ( like in VisualC++ for example)
you can get your code from the windows partition and compile it with gcc. Otherwise I think it is not possible. This is not the knoppix problem , but incompability between Win and Unix-like platform.
best regards
bela

firebyrd10
11-01-2004, 11:34 PM
If you use the standard C , I mean whithout graphcal statements ( like in VisualC++ for example)
you can get your code from the windows partition and compile it with gcc. Otherwise I think it is not possible. This is not the knoppix problem , but incompability between Win and Unix-like platform.
best regards
bela

Depends on how close the code is to ANSI specs. Like stated above, if its created in like visual C then chances are it won't as those are tailor made for windows only.