PDA

View Full Version : problem with ipw2100

vallejo
11-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Hello!!

My English is not very good, so sorry for my faults

I'm going to comment you my problem:

When I runing Knoppix 3.7 on CD with Kernel 2.6, my ipw2100 card works in an appropiate way and connectes with all wlan, but when I install Knoppix on Hdd the card isnīt found and the modules are charged.

Thanks a lot for the answers :wink:

Harry Kuhman
11-04-2004, 11:16 AM
.... my ipw2100 card works in an appropiate way and connectes with all wlan, but when I install Knoppix on Hdd the card isnīt found and the modules are charged..........
This looks like a problem that belongs in either the HDD Install forum or the Networking Forum much more than in the General Support forum. Since you have Networking working, I would suggest the HDD install forum.

While I don't know about your particular card, I see the same "it worked when I booted from CD but stopped working when I installed to hard disk" problems over and over again in the networking forum. I'm guessing if you scan through the old posts you find more ideas for a solution faster than waiting for an answer. I expect the HDD Install forum must have discussed this type of problem many times too.

KanotixUser
11-05-2004, 04:03 AM
Hello!!

My English is not very good, so sorry for my faults

I'm going to comment you my problem:

When I runing Knoppix 3.7 on CD with Kernel 2.6, my ipw2100 card works in an appropiate way and connectes with all wlan, but when I install Knoppix on Hdd the card isnīt found and the modules are charged.

Thanks a lot for the answers :wink:

try as root
#modprobe ipw2100
#pump -i eth1

vallejo
11-05-2004, 03:12 PM
thanks for the answer, I tried to execute what you said me, but not work.

I have questioned that in HDD Install and Networking forum too.

KanotixUser
11-05-2004, 10:42 PM
thanks for the answer, I tried to execute what you said me, but not work.

I have questioned that in HDD Install and Networking forum too.

what problems?

did you switch to root?

do you know what eth your wireless is? it may not be eth1

vallejo
11-07-2004, 01:31 PM
Hello, I think that the problem is solved. I comment ipw2100 line in /etc/modules and the wireless work correctly.

I see this solution in kanotix forum.

Thanks for all answers.