PDA

View Full Version : Can't find kernel image - Newbie needs help

ozone
11-04-2004, 10:38 PM
I'm doing hack #5 from O'Reilly - (tohd) to copy the knoppix CD image to either my external hard drive or hda1. No matter where I try to copy the image I get the same error "could not find kernel image". The CD I'm using is version 3.6 that was created 2004-08-16, uses kernel 2.4.27 and was purchased not downloaded. Any help telling this newbie what he is missing would be appreciated.

Cuddles
11-05-2004, 06:46 PM
I'm doing hack #5 from O'Reilly - (tohd) to copy the knoppix CD image to either my external hard drive or hda1. No matter where I try to copy the image I get the same error "could not find kernel image". The CD I'm using is version 3.6 that was created 2004-08-16, uses kernel 2.4.27 and was purchased not downloaded. Any help telling this newbie what he is missing would be appreciated.

Ozone, I did a Search Knoppix.net on the subject "could not find kernel image", and came up with this one and only post that had the same issue, you report... The link is below...

Could not find kernel image (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4051)

Even though the original poster appeared to get "through" the issue, appears by retrying the boot, over and over, and that the original posted question drew out into a modem problem post, the suggested "fix" was to try and "testcd" -=- or test the cd for a bad burn ( it happens, even with a "purchased" distro ).

Hopefully, this helps, or someone else has some ideas on this, if mine doesnt :D
Ms. Cuddles

phroggie
11-11-2004, 03:15 PM

i had that same problem...try typing "knoppix nodma" at the boot screen...hope this helps :D