PDA

View Full Version : KNOPPIX menu in wmaker???

jensen
03-28-2003, 07:39 AM
How do I get to the KNOPPIX menu when using wmaker? I can't find it...

This is the menu that contains "save configuration" etc. -Lars.

Dave_Bechtel
03-29-2003, 01:12 AM
--I doubt wmaker is configured for the Knoppix menu. Klaus spent some time customizing KDE as the "knoppix desktop" - wmaker is supported at boot, but it's more of an add-on.

--My guess is you'll have to use KDE for the Knoppix menu. However, there are always text-mode equivalents for those apps that don't have to run in a GUI. You can Ctrl-Alt-F1 to root, and type ' saveconfig ' - it should work.

bongaerts
04-22-2003, 08:18 PM
how do you get wmaker to run ? I get error messages ' .. window manager is already running ..' when itry that .. ?

thanx : ed

Dave_Bechtel
04-22-2003, 10:07 PM
--If you are running from the CD, you have to use the cheat codes at boot. I think it's ' knoppix desktop=wmaker '.

how do you get wmaker to run ? I get error messages ' .. window manager is already running ..' when itry that .. ?

bongaerts
04-23-2003, 07:05 AM
right ... just found that .. sorry, should read to the bottom of papers .. however, how does one configure or start wmaker once knoppix is hd-installed, as I have it ? Any tips ?
It can't find a 'display' in my case [I have tried '-display :0.1', but that may have to do with multi-display - which may be a problem as well as I use a multihead capable Matrox 450 .. with one screen only though ?]

--If you are running from the CD, you have to use the cheat codes at boot. I think it's ' knoppix desktop=wmaker '.