PDA

View Full Version : fluxbox: no resize grips

Gencho
11-13-2004, 12:37 AM
Hello,

I have read in the fluxbox about "resize grips" and I think I have seen them on the screenshots on the fluxbox hompage. But after booting with desktop=fluxbox with Knoppix 3.6, I can't see such grips, and I can't resize the windows (I can maximise and restore the size).

What's wrong?

Bye,
Gencho

Hug It
11-13-2004, 01:05 AM
It's probably because the debian release of fluxbox is quite a bit older and has less features than the up-to-date unstable version that you can get from their site. I don't remember the version numbers off the top of my head but they are quite a bit different.

Gencho
11-13-2004, 01:35 AM
It's probably because the debian release of fluxbox is quite a bit older and has less features than the up-to-date unstable version that you can get from their site. I don't remember the version numbers off the top of my head but they are quite a bit different.

Maybe not, I have quoted the manpage from Knoppix, it says 0.9.7, dpkg -l lists fluxbox as 0.9.9-1.

Hug It
11-13-2004, 01:52 AM
Dang, so much for that idea. I have used other variants of Knoppix that used older versions so I just assumed that was the case here as well. Once should never assume :lol:.

Have you tried:

Alt-rightmouse-drag = resize the window by dragging any part of the window.

scottknl
11-13-2004, 01:57 AM
You will find the resize handles appear whenever your mouse clicks on a frame element such as the top bar or if you hit the small side or bottom bars. Each style is different, but I like to use the Rancor style and for me the resize handles are 3-4 pixels wide and colored in silver on the red frame. All the minimize/maximize/close and other window features also appear when you click on the frame.

The older version of fluxbox had an ugly little tag that hung off the side of the window and was usually too small for the text. The new version is a big improvement in my books.

KS

scottknl
11-13-2004, 02:04 AM
Also there an option in the focus model to set to autofocus which brings up all the handles automatically on mouse over and on focus.

right click on desktop->fluxbox menu->Configure->Focus Model->Auto Raise

KS

kelmo
11-13-2004, 02:44 AM
I just thought I'd drop you a screeny to look at of fluxbox under a knoppix-hdinstall:-

http://users.tpg.com.au/sigm/screens/flux1.jpg

Maybe you just need a different style to get things the way you want, I dunno. Just experiement with the files in ~/.fluxbox, that's what I did.

Gencho
02-08-2005, 01:38 AM
Maybe you just need a different style to get things the way you want, I dunno. Just experiement with the files in ~/.fluxbox, that's what I did.

I don't know where these handles were gone, but after changing the style now they are present in all styles.

(I haven't used fluxbox for a while, I have noticed it just now.)