PDA

View Full Version : Uninstalling HD Install

ibrewale
11-14-2004, 07:30 AM
In a precarious position, I need to uninstall Knoppix on my computer. One thing I do notice when I slap in a windows install CD (yea, I'm evil), the CD does not get read on boot up, and instead my normal boot up into Knoppix on my HD happens.
I've checked my BIOS settings (hit F1 at startup) and I have CD selected as the first choice.

How can I 'uninstal' knoppix for now, and install the cheesy windows system again??

Thanks in advance.

jerry

Harry Kuhman
11-14-2004, 07:51 AM
That just doesn't make sense in so many ways, one really suspects something else is going on. Can you boot any other CD (like the Knoppix CD, or a custom Knoppix release like DSL or any other live CD)? How about a rescue CD (some may pause and let you swap CD's then let you select Boot CD from a menu). What BIOS is it? Have you tried completely removing boot hard drive from any of the boot up options?

gruntbuggly
11-14-2004, 01:20 PM
Perhaps your Windows CD isn't even bootable. In any case, http://bootdisk.com/ has a selection of bootable floppy disks (for all versions of Windows) which you can use to get started. They load some form of DOS and give you access to the CD drive so that you can run setup.exe or whatever.