PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix to the rescue!

aay
03-28-2003, 11:50 PM
There is a nice writeup ('http://www.linuxandmain.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=324') of Knoppix over at Linux and Main about Knoppix.

"Every once in a while a product stands out not only because it is innovative but because it just makes sense. It fills some space that has not previously been filled. I'm certain that you will agree that Knoppix -- a live Linux-On-CD Distribution -- is one of those products."

audioaficionado
03-31-2003, 09:59 PM
I agree with you. Eventhough I have Debian testing on my HD, I still like to take out Knoppix and tweak it to the max. It's great to come back to my configs every session now that I can relielably save them. Once I get one of those USB keychain drives, I'll be able to use linux on any USB computer and have my configs too.

The only downside is that as Klaus adds more features, Knoppix seems to be slowing down. My 3.1 is faster than the most recent 3.2 but I just can't save my 3.1 configs to anything other than a floppy.

Overall a fantastic product and I hope Klaus can get an income stream because of it.