PDA

View Full Version : what is on the knoppix CD???

finder
11-17-2004, 01:41 PM
To the list;
I see things in the posts about this and that extra things on the Knoppix CD. I don't know how to exactly explain this but there are things that are not showing up on these disks that I am using. When I start Knoppix 3.3 I get this file, file:/cdrom/index.html . There is a black background with a silver stripe across the middle horizontally. There are four tabs on this silver stripe. They are Knoppix info ( red ), talks ( yellow ), open music ( blue ), and links ( silver ). Is this the same on all of the CD's or is there something missing here?

Knoppix info only has the one sheet
Knoppix talks has four pdf documents two on free software and two on vortra
Knoppix open music has green_openmu...,a read me txt and opensource.ogg
Knoppix links has four links KNOPPIX Homepage, KNOPPIX Contrib Homepage, KNOPPIX Wallpaper Central and LinuxTag.Org Homepage.

Am I missing anything from the 3.3 version? Is there other places they put these extra things/files/apps? I read the following statement and could not find the file.

On the CD, in the "Knoppix" folder, there is a program called rawrite2 that will make a boot floppy for Knoppix. The disk image is "boot.img" - it's in the same Knoppix folder. Type boot.img when it asks, follow the directions, and you're set. (Of course, make sure it's a blank floppy you're using.)

curious about this

finder

finder
11-17-2004, 01:44 PM
To the list;
The KNOPPIX 3.6 CD doesn't show anything but the information screen. That is all. I can't find llinks, music or talks, ect..

any ideas

finder

OErjan
11-17-2004, 05:09 PM
try booting it. then you will see all these things.
what you describe is the knoppix informatiofile under windows. that is not knoppix just a minor "homepage" on the CD describing knoppix.
as to the bootfloppies that is for 3.3. 3.4 and 3.6 are diferent look in the forum for more.