PDA

View Full Version : Burinig Knoppix

Mrmagic97_99
03-29-2003, 03:09 PM
I've just downloaded knoppix 3.2 en and i see it's a easycd iso. but when i burn it and restart my computer nothing happens. my bios is configured for the cd to boot first (worked with the last distro of koppix) i burned it using both nero and easycd whats going on i'm tired of making coasters!!!!

rickenbacherus
03-29-2003, 04:16 PM
Did you check the MD5sum? You may have downloaded the .iso no problem but it may not be complete.

Mrmagic97_99
03-29-2003, 04:22 PM
OK i downloaded the .iso file but not the md5 file was i supposed to? and if so when i download it what do i do with it then?

rickenbacherus
03-29-2003, 04:34 PM
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqDownloading

Mrmagic97_99
03-29-2003, 06:09 PM
I feel soooooo dumb, knowing how to burn an image with nero i was using the wizard instead of file' burn image....thankx

Bobmeister
03-29-2003, 08:33 PM
Yeah...I NEVER use the "Wizard" in Nero because you can't get to the software! It pays to just learn the software. But it's funny how easy it is to forget the obvious...so don't feel stupid. I'm the one who should feel stupid...but I won't get into that!

aay
03-29-2003, 11:31 PM
I've just downloaded knoppix 3.2 en and i see it's a easycd iso. but when i burn it and restart my computer nothing happens. my bios is configured for the cd to boot first (worked with the last distro of koppix) i burned it using both nero and easycd whats going on i'm tired of making coasters!!!!

I'm glad you were able to burn the CD with Nero. If I may make a suggestion, I would recommend using CD-RW's to burn Knoppix. Releases of Knoppix are frequent so it makes sense just to erase the old CD and burn a new one when you download the most current image. Also, if you burn ends up with errors, you can just erase it and try burning again.

audioaficionado
03-30-2003, 06:13 PM
You'll also want to burn a finalized session. Some older CD-ROM drives can't see anything other than write at once finalized CD-RWs.

IoN_PuLse
03-30-2003, 06:56 PM
If I may make a suggestion, I would recommend using CD-RW's to burn Knoppix.

Is that possible? Formatting a CDRW doesn't give you the entire 700 MB of space to work with, so I don't think it would fit..

audioaficionado
03-30-2003, 11:46 PM
Nero doesn't need to have a RW formatted first. I just writes like an R but you can erase and reuse. The only reason to format would be an automatic packet writer that continously incrementally writes backups to the RW or if you set it up to drag and drop files like you would on a HD.

The older CD drives can't read any data other than a write at once CD format. Finalizing will allow you more total data storage than a multisession.

Mrmagic97_99
03-31-2003, 03:23 PM
thnx for all the help