PDA

View Full Version : help!!!!!

11-18-2004, 03:27 AM
well I have a sony windows xp and Iam woundering how to boot knoppix from the cd it never reads the cd. I went in to bios but I have no idea what to change help me out thanks
8)

11-18-2004, 03:31 AM
come on guys help me out I cant find anything to boot in my bios

eco2geek
11-18-2004, 08:51 AM
Um......there are manuals available for download for all kinds of different Sony computers on their site, so a) what kind of Sony computer do you have, and b) have you tried downloading and reading the manual?

Harry Kuhman
11-18-2004, 09:30 AM
come on guys help me out I cant find anything to boot in my bios

We don't know if you followed the instructions for burning the CD.

We don't even know if you checked the md5 checksum.

We don't know what model sony you have.

We don't know if you have a floppy drive for your computer (which could be helpful in giving you some alternative ways to boot, assuming the CD is even made right).

We don't know if you did any experiments to find out if your computer would boot other bootable CD's (but I have a theory that you did not).

We do know that you waited all of four minutes from your first post before you made your come on guys help me out post.

And we know you didn't bother to put any useful information in the post subject (which might have caught someone's attention), just one uninformative four letter word and 5 exclimation marks.

11-18-2004, 10:54 PM
lol i got it working :D got my friend to help me. he like some computer freak lol thanks anyways :D 8)