PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 1.0

probono
11-18-2004, 03:32 AM
http://www.spreadfirefox.com/community/images/affiliates/Banners/300x250/rediscover_white.png

You can now install Firefox 1.0 with klik://firefox

And if you reinstall the klik client afterwards, klik also works in it!

Greetings,
probono

j.drake
11-19-2004, 02:26 AM
Awesome! U da MAN, PB!!

jd

emmbec
11-26-2004, 05:22 PM
I can't seem to be able to install firefox with your link. I downloaded firefox from the site, but I don't know how to install it, I'm new to linux, I don't know the commands. I already uncompressed the TAR file, but now what? which file do I run? how do I put an Icon on my startup programs, I'm migrating from Windows so keep that in mind. Thanks

probono
11-26-2004, 05:40 PM
Please install the klik client as it is described on http://klik.berlios.de - then the above link should work.

Greetings,
probono

emmbec
11-26-2004, 06:14 PM
OK, I did it, I installed the klik client, and downloaded succesfully firefox. Where is it installed, where is the ICON, or what would be in the Windows world, the EXE file to run the program thank you.

probono
11-26-2004, 06:24 PM
It should have told you during the installation that you can lauch it from the klik menu or by executing:

$HOME/firefox/wrapper firefox

Everything is installed inside $HOME/firefox/ - you can simply remove that directory in case you don't want Firefox any more.

Greetings
probono

randcoop
12-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Probono: I think Klik is a major breakthrough for installing software on Linux. With the exception of kplayer and kaffeine (which install, but without the windows and macintosh codecs are less than 100%), every install I have tried has worked perfectly.

Are you considering making Klik usable for other distros (e.g. Mandrake, Fedora, SUSE)? I think it is far better than any of their systems.

Regardless, thanks for this program. It makes Knoppix significantly better than it would be without it.

probono
12-02-2004, 09:17 AM
Probono: I think Klik is a major breakthrough for installing software on Linux. With the exception of kplayer and kaffeine (which install, but without the windows and macintosh codecs are less than 100%), every install I have tried has worked perfectly.
You can add win32 codecs to klik'd KPlayer. Simply put them into ...../usr/lib/win32/codecs

Are you considering making Klik usable for other distros (e.g. Mandrake, Fedora, SUSE)? I think it is far better than any of their systems.
One of them has already expressed their interest, and it should be feasible. I wn't work for a commercial distro for free, however - that's uniquely for debian ;)