PDA

View Full Version : Mystery of m23

Harry Kuhman
11-19-2004, 01:59 AM
In poking through the Knoppix iso file and the isolinux.cfg file (I want to edit it so I'll not have to type in the cheat codes I need each time that I boot the CD), I found a few lines in isolinux.cfg that seem to be for booting something called m23.

I did a little searching and found that m23 is a "Debian based software distribution system". see http://m23.sourceforge.net/PostNuke-0.726/html/index.php?newlang=eng for more details. But if I put m23 in at the boot prompt, it is not recognized (I can't tell why from my limited understanding of isolinux, but it seems like it needs a m23 binary to boot and there is no such file, at least not in that directory). Does anyone have any insight on the m23 boot option, if it can be made to work, how to make it work, and what it should do when it does work?

probono
11-25-2004, 04:41 PM
As far as I know, m23 is a tool that was bundled with a Knoppix DVD that was distributed exclusively at the LinuxTag in Germany this year. The m23 option is probably only a leftover from that special edtition DVD and not usable on the regular Knoppix CDs.

Greetings,
probono