PDA

View Full Version : I don't believe it!

axxess
11-20-2004, 12:59 AM
Knoppix is the only distro that works with my Centrino laptop. I just could not believe it. Have tried Mandrake10, susie(total crap), Redhat9 and Fedora. None of them found my Wan network card.
Using a Packard Bell E5.
Fantastic.

probono
11-25-2004, 04:39 PM
That's nice to hear. It is reported that Kanotix also has excellent Centrino support.

Greetings,
probono

sakiZ
12-15-2004, 05:44 PM
On my highly overclocked Celeron 1300 (up to 1696 mhz)

I tried Xandros. Could never find my serial mouse correctly and was buggy has hell :-( Also very slow.
Simply Mepis also could not find neither my serial mouse or a PS/2 mouse on the live CD
Mandrake - forget it.

Knoppix found everything and everything worked, well except for my old Aureal sound card. I ditched that. Put in a Sound Blaster Live card. :-)

I installed it to my HD to dual boot with XP

Go Knoppix!!!!

It's revolutionary. The live CD is an install CD and the install CD morphs into a rescue CD. It's amazing!!!

sakiZ

KanotixUser
12-16-2004, 12:01 AM
Knoppix is the only distro that works with my Centrino laptop. I just could not believe it. Have tried Mandrake10, susie(total crap), Redhat9 and Fedora. None of them found my Wan network card.
Using a Packard Bell E5.
Fantastic.

I don't know about Knoppix but, yes, Kanotix is great for laptop use. I run it on an IBM T40.