PDA

View Full Version : After 2% of install, reboots

mimes
11-20-2004, 08:27 PM
PEOPLE! COME ONE!, COME ALL! TO SEE THE MOST frustrated person in the universe. Hi, it's mee again to say THANKS from the bottom of my heart to all those who helped me before. I've partitoned my HD perfectly and now am stuck once again. The installer is properly configured and everything, but after about 2%, it reboots w/out finishing. I have tried to run the installer in text only mode, with the HD mounted/unmounted, and in different consoles. could someone please help me? I have a main partition(ext3) for linux 5GB, a storage Reisfs 4GB partition, and a 380mb swap.

CrashedAgain
11-21-2004, 02:06 AM
Persevere! Stick with it! Frustration is fun!
Are you trying Kanotix? I have been trying to get BH9 installation working, apparently there are some bugs in the installer, it stalls out. I did get it on once, then tried upgrade, ran into one bug, (see post) once I got past that the upgrade messed up the system so bad I'm currently reinstalling.
If you have a Knoppix disk it may go on easier, I've not had any problems with the installer on knoppix.

shah
11-21-2004, 03:44 AM
Are you trying Kanotix? I have been trying to get BH9 installation working, apparently there are some bugs in the installer, it stalls out.
Happen to me once until I disable DMA.

mime,

Try disable DMA using cheatcode.

:D :D