PDA

View Full Version : My openoffice is now completly in german and i didnt set it!

Zero_1984
11-23-2004, 01:51 AM
help! ive been using knoppix all year, and my open office was in english all that time and now for some reason its in german!!!!

:(

kinda hard to fix when i dont ever know german ffs :/

does anyone know how to get it back to english?!

CrashedAgain
11-23-2004, 03:51 AM
are you installed to HD? easiest way to insure Openoffice is English is to remove the German-English version (apt-get remove openoffice* ) & replace it with the standard version but you can only do this if installed to HD. Don't know if there is a .deb for Openoffice, go to the OpenOffice site, download their package & use the installer that comes with it.
Bonus: you then get full set of help files which I don't think are include with Knoppix for space reasons.

Zero_1984
11-23-2004, 09:15 AM
but it was already in english, why do i have to reinstall it?

Sgeo
11-23-2004, 10:47 PM
I'm going to assume you have a persistant home directory, otherwise simply restart. Maybe try fooling around in the home directory? *Sgeo has no better suggestion, although there probably is one, like which file, or changing a setting within OpenOffice

DaveICT
11-24-2004, 09:34 PM
I've got the same problem. I was creating Samba file shares and samba users and all of a sutton my openoffice was german. I don't got the answer yet. I hope I can help you later