PDA

View Full Version : ping and dhcp

roc
11-23-2004, 04:56 AM
Hello everyone I'm trying to find out if my systems are communicating fine to one another. Both my systems are connected by a wireless router, one is MS (wired) and the other is knoppix (wireless). When I ping my MS system, non of packets are being received, but vice versa my MS system can ping my knoppix box fine. I know its a stupid question, but I figure someone here can help, thank you.

Harry Kuhman
11-23-2004, 05:21 AM
Hello everyone I'm trying to find out if my systems are communicating fine to one another. Both my systems are connected by a wireless router, one is MS (wired) and the other is knoppix (wireless). When I ping my MS system, non of packets are being received, but vice versa my MS system can ping my knoppix box fine. I know its a stupid question, but I figure someone here can help, thank you.
Sounds like a firewall issue on the MS system. You might also want to confirm that Knoppix can ping the router (usually 192.168.something.1)

roc
11-23-2004, 05:39 AM
Harry, your right on the money, I totally forgot that I have Zone Alarm running on my MS box. Thanks