PDA

View Full Version : J2SE50: Java Just Won't Install

Jameson
11-24-2004, 07:43 AM
Hey,

Alright I've got Firefox 1.0 loaded on knoppix (Harddrive Install) and the flash and shockwave plugins worked just fine but I absolutly cannot get Java (J2SE50 is Asked for Specifically) to run. I've downloded everything I can find, installed them all, moved what was asked into the "plugins" folder for Firefox and it keeps asking for the plugin when I true to run severl applets. Has anyone had the same problem and found a solution, possibly even a browser that comes pre-configured with it? I wish there was a klik (cough cough probono) or debian package for it...

It took me half a week to get SETI@Home installed so I guess everything comes in time.

Thanks in Advance!

-Jameson

probono
11-24-2004, 06:31 PM
Hi, my guess would be that the next release of Knoppix will contain Firefox with Java anyway (just my personal guess), so that the best option would be to wait for that. (The upcoming Kanotix BH X has Firefox too, I haven't checked Java in it though.)

Greetings,
probono

markleong
11-25-2004, 03:20 AM
Instead of moving the .so file to the plugin directory, do at sym link to the file in the plugin directory.