PDA

View Full Version : recover deleted knoppix image file

lalahunt1
11-24-2004, 07:41 PM
I just accidentally deleted my image file from a thumb drive that i use for my home directory when booting from knoppix cd. I usually boot with

knoppic home=scan

i immediately realized what i had done and stopped and removed thumb drive from windows computer.

How can I restore or reconstruct that image file? I had some documents saved there that I would like to recover.

thanks

lala

DaveICT
11-24-2004, 10:02 PM
Have you allready tried Active Undelete? This will recover all your lost data

firebyrd10
11-24-2004, 11:37 PM
Try searching for

Linux file undelete.

OErjan
11-25-2004, 04:50 PM
sorry for being a partycrasher but just a minor thing i think might be relevant,
i think thet undeleting on a FLASHDRIVE is a no go project?? as far as I know there is no such thing, there are no residual magnetism to scan, no physicaly changed media to read... just transistors...

firebyrd10
11-26-2004, 06:58 AM
sorry for being a partycrasher but just a minor thing i think might be relevant,
i think thet undeleting on a FLASHDRIVE is a no go project?? as far as I know there is no such thing, there are no residual magnetism to scan, no physicaly changed media to read... just transistors...

Solid state drive acts just like a magnetic drive.

The "transistors" are locked into their positions intill forced to changed.

Being the way things are usually deleted (the pointers to the file erased) and being how you removed the drive as soon as it was deleted. The file is more then likely still there and intact.