PDA

View Full Version : If I can do it, anyone can.

Jameson
11-24-2004, 11:27 PM
This is more or less a thank-you to the entire forum.

(Begin Corny Sucess Story)
I've been toying with Linux since May with no success for one reason or another, until I found Knoppix. Though I've been using it since May I've had a major breakthrough over the last week and a half. Being the recovering Windowholic that I am with very little command line exposure (I was only 10 when I really got into computers, around the same time XP came out). (I'm 14 now) I've had a lot of trouble figuring everything out even with FAQ's and guides since I lacked the terminology needed. With a lot of from the members around here I've now got my laptop dual-booting XP Pro and a HD install of Knoppix! Some other things I've finialy gotten to work are...

SETI@Home (With GUI Frontend)
Yahoo Messenger & RealPlayer (Thanks to klik and probono)
AIM
D-Link 802.11b WiFi card (which now works on startup)
Firefox with FlashPlugins
Network Printer

Its taken awhile but Its paid off, thanks again everyone!

-Jameson

cintra
11-25-2004, 11:02 AM
Congratulations!

Cuddles
11-25-2004, 12:40 PM
Here Here :!: Congrats :!:

( now, if we can get someone, like, George Burns' age, for a testimonial, WooooHoooo [giggle] )

This, just in!
In a rare interview with George Burns today, he admitted he installed Knoppix, and is happier than he has ever been... In our interview, the "cigar smoking" Windows advocate, has turned tail, and is now "wholely" supporting any, and all, Linux OS'... We were privy to one of many CD-ROM "bad reads", as he was listening to an audio cd at the time of our interview... The "new" Linux advocate went on to comment, that he has had many problems with his CD-ROM devices, only, get this, because he tends to "puff" his cigar smoke into the device, on a consistant basis... A local LUG ( Linux User Group ) "pitched in" and bought the new Linux user, a brand new CD Cleaner, in hopes that he will use it, not have any more read failures, and not hold "Linux" at fault for his "unauthorized" "clean room" antics...
-=-=-=-=-

:lol:
Ms. Cuddles

Jameson
11-25-2004, 11:37 PM
:D Thanks!

God geroge burns has got to be in his 90's now doesnt he?

-Jameson

Harry Kuhman
11-25-2004, 11:44 PM
God geroge burns has got to be in his 90's now doesnt he?

No, he's over 100, and he's dead.

firebyrd10
11-26-2004, 06:22 AM
Congrats.

Nice to know you got it working. :D

Jameson
11-26-2004, 09:52 AM
No, he's over 100, and he's dead.

Thats a pity, My Dad adores him. We've got plenty of VHS collections of his lying around the house.

Thanks again everyone!