PDA

View Full Version : Going to try "Windows Partition PMI"

rickymoney
12-02-2004, 01:49 PM
Hi all, I am new here, so please help me.
I decided to do a poormaninstall (Windows Partition PMI) according to this: http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/WinPartition.
I think this is a cool way to use linux without much hassle with partitions and MBR.
But I have some questions and hope that someone kind may give me some hints??
So, here is my plan. First I will make a logical partition with partition magic for my persistent home. Then I will do as what described on the link.
I think I will set my persistent home later when I boot into Knoppix for the first time by clicking the penguin icon on the toolbar and choose Configure.
Am I right up to this point?
And do I need a linux swap partition as it is not mentioned anywhere on that link.

Thanks.

firebyrd10
12-03-2004, 12:22 AM
If knoppix can run off the cd without a swap, you don't need one with a PMI.

As with the PH, yes, after you boot you can creat, just be sure to make a partition for it. Knoppix locks the partition when it does a PMI.

j.drake
12-05-2004, 02:56 AM
Yes, rickmoney, I think that would work fine, provided that the area you are setting up for the PH is on a different partition.

The WinPartion method is the one I use to load Knoppix, and I love it.

jd

bandoba
12-07-2004, 12:41 AM
Are you guys having success with PMI and a separate partition for PH? I am seeing a strange issue that it doesn't detect my PH. Can you tell me how you did it? And what cheatcodes you use?

ogami1972
12-07-2004, 03:00 AM
try
"knoppix home=scan myconfig=scan fromhd"