PDA

View Full Version : What's the current apt repository for java?

TimWhite
12-02-2004, 07:59 PM
My sources.list has:
# Java
deb ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian/ woody main non-free
deb-src ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian/ woody main non-free
deb ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian/ unstable main non-free
deb-src ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian/ unstable main non-free

However, they seem to be failing because dirs are missing from the ftp server (at least, that's how I'm reading the errors returned from apt).

Has the sources list changed for java (This one is based on the 3.3 release !!!)

Ta

fashions
12-27-2004, 11:16 PM
My sources.list has:
# Java
deb ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian/ woody main non-free
deb-src ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian/ woody main non-free
deb ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian/ unstable main non-free
deb-src ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian/ unstable main non-free

However, they seem to be failing because dirs are missing from the ftp server (at least, that's how I'm reading the errors returned from apt).

Has the sources list changed for java (This one is based on the 3.3 release !!!)

Ta

same problem here. the directory of woody from the path is gone. am trying the paths below.

deb ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian dists sarge non-free binary-i386
deb-src ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian dists sarge non-free source
deb ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian dists unstable non-free binary-i386
deb-src ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian dists unstable non-free source

so far no luck as "dists/dists" is in my error code when upgrading, don't understand the path having spaces rather then slashes so am trying different formating for now.
[ ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian/dists/sarge/non-free/binary-i386 ] is one direct path, however got error messages when pasted into sources file in that format.
mine was version 3.6 aug '04

schentor
12-28-2004, 11:23 AM
The following paths worked for me:

deb ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian sarge non-free
deb-src ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian sarge non-free
deb ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian/ unstable non-free
deb-src ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian/ unstable non-free

The name of the distribution (sarge, unstable, etc.) automatically includes the "dist" directory. The "binary-i386" or "sources" directory is also automatically appended, so you shouldn't include it in sources.list.

TimWhite
12-28-2004, 12:06 PM
Does that not update java from the woody version to sarge (not that it really matters I suppose, if it's not working in woody).

fashions
12-29-2004, 01:03 AM
The following paths worked for me:

deb ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian sarge non-free
deb-src ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian sarge non-free
deb ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian/ unstable non-free
deb-src ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian/ unstable non-free

The name of the distribution (sarge, unstable, etc.) automatically includes the "dist" directory. The "binary-i386" or "sources" directory is also automatically appended, so you shouldn't include it in sources.list.

thanks for the quick relpy,
have my sources are commented out for now, will revise them with your suggestions.
thanks for your post.
carl