PDA

View Full Version : How to change the Knoppximode...?

bookie
12-04-2004, 03:14 PM
Hi there,

i installed Knoppix on two different machines. On one I chose "Debian-Style" as Installation-Option which turned out to be good, on the other i chose "Like from CD". Now I am stuck with some files always being created at start-up (like /etc/fstab), giving me no chance to change it permanently.

Can anyone help me changing these to "static" files or to change the behavior completely to normal Debian?

Second: The "like from CD"-Option always and only uses the User "Knoppix" while being in KDE, leaving no chance to set up a "normal" User-behavior.

Will be very glad if someone could give me some hints.

Thank you!

Markus

Markus
12-04-2004, 06:59 PM
For fixing the fstab problem edit /etc/lilo.conf and add nofstab in the append line (all of them if you use more than one kernel) and run lilo -v to update lilo. This needs to be done as root.

Changing everything to work like a debian style install is AFAIK impossible or not worth the effort. Reinstalling is faster/easier.

For getting users you need to search this forum. I believe shah had a solution so you might want to look at his posts.
EDIT: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12324&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=auto+login&start=10