PDA

View Full Version : enlightenment en others...

yohanman
03-30-2003, 08:07 PM
Befor i start downing 3.2 i would like to know the following.

-Is enlightenment pressent ?
-Does presistent home support for usb memory sticks ?

Thank you in advance,

Dave_Bechtel
03-31-2003, 07:06 AM
--At this time, I do not believe 3.2 includes Enlightenment window mgr. Persistent home *should* support USB sticks as a SCSI drive, however I haven't tried it myself.

Befor i start downing 3.2 i would like to know the following.

-Is enlightenment pressent ?
-Does presistent home support for usb memory sticks ?

Thank you in advance,

yohanman
03-31-2003, 06:45 PM
Thanks,

I'm downing 3.2 now (it will take me a couple of days because i have only a 56K modem ;) )

yohanman
04-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Hello,

I now have a 3.2 beta and this is what i just read on the index of knoppix.net :

This website is about Knoppix, a Free and Open Source Live Linux CD. Knoppix is a GNU/Linux distribution that boots runs completely from cd. It runs a complete linux distribution based on Debian, of recent linux software and desktop enviroments, with programs such as OpenOffice.org, Abiword, The Gimp, Konqueror, Mozilla, and hundreds more quality open source programs, compressed from 1.7GB to fit on a 700MB CD. It's default windowing enviroment is KDE, but comes with Gnome, windowmaker, blackbox, enlightenment and many more.

As you can see, enlightenment is mentionend..., but i can't find it on the cd's.

What must i do to use enlightenment ?

Henk Poley
04-06-2003, 12:19 PM
It's default windowing enviroment is KDE, but comes with Gnome, windowmaker, blackbox, enlightenment and many more.
As you can see, enlightenment is mentionend..., but i can't find it on the cd's.

What must i do to use enlightenment ?
It's obviously not updated recently, for example Gnome isn't in Knoppix 3.2. Since Gnome and KDE 'bite' eachother in Debian/unstable. Debian/stable KDE (2.2) and Gnome (?) are ooold, so it's not used in recent Knoppix versions.