PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix Documentation /docs

ibrewale
12-06-2004, 12:12 AM
The Documentation part of the site has been down at least the last 2 days for an upgrade:

The knoppix.net server is currently down for maintenance. (upgrading the wiki software)

Any idea how long this will last?

Sorry if this is listed somewhere else, I didn't see it.

Thanks

Jerry

eadz
12-06-2004, 03:12 AM
I'm going as fast as I can. This site has been up for 2 years without any major downtime until now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Markus
12-06-2004, 11:16 AM
Take your time. I'm sure I speak for the lot of us when I say your work is truly appreciated.

ibrewale
12-06-2004, 01:36 PM
No offense meant at all! I was just curious. I appreciate the site, and can wait a few days or more to take a look at documentation again.

Thanks for the work

Jerry

eadz
12-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Actually, soon I'll need some helpers to convert the wiki from phpwiki to mediawiki. This basicly involves copy and pasting, and checking the formatting and links. If anyone is willing to help with this, post a reply on this thread, and when I have the converter and pages all set up I'll let you know.

Markus
12-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Sure, I'll bite. Haven't done many websites and the last one was with Golive which basically does it for you. But just copy-pasting even I should be able to handle ;)

ibrewale
12-06-2004, 08:48 PM
If a newbie can do it, sign me up! I should be able to help out.

Thanks

Jerry

jjolly
12-07-2004, 05:11 PM
If anyone is willing to help with this, post a reply on this thread, and when I have the converter and pages all set up I'll let you know.

I'd be happy to help out. I've got quite a bit of wiki experience, particularly with MediaWiki.

rrfish72
12-10-2004, 05:02 PM
I'll help out as well.

eadz
12-12-2004, 03:05 AM
Ok, all ready! http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Main_Page
I've started on the Knoppix Customisations page, it's one of the largest. On the above page I have explained what needs to be done. If you have any questions post on this thread :)

Markus
12-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Rats! Sorry for this but something came up at work. I'll try to find some time but for a couple of days even my marital life will be a bit quiet :)

NYCPPC8600
12-14-2004, 02:59 AM
New to this site, but been playing with Linux for a while... not a DemiGod by any stretch of the imagination, but I can solve most problems with a few sleepless nights, a few million calories, some percoset, and loud music.

If there is a specific place you need someone to start more than others, let me know. I just picked booting at random.

For what are we lookiing? Obvious format problems? Proofreading? Links?

Thanks, I love this site.

Markus
12-26-2004, 08:58 PM
Questions, questions.

Made first Basic_PoorMans and decided to move it to Basic_Poor_Mans. All well but how do I actually remove Basic_PoorMans as it just seemed to copy, and not move it?

And would someone please check this section as the #:s were a bit confusing:
#killall pump 2>/dev/null && sleep 2 && killall -9 pump 2>/dev/null && sleep 2

#echo "ESC[[1m(Re)starting PCMCIA services.ESC[0m"; killall cardmgr 2>/dev/null && sleep 6; cardmgr && sleep 6

echo "ESC[1mStarting daemons...ESC[0m"

/etc/init.d/pcmcia start; sleep 5s;

for i in ifupdown networking; do [ -x /etc/init.d/$i ]] && /etc/init.d/$i start; done

Doctor
01-04-2005, 10:28 PM
hmm, most of the english stuff seems to be copied over, when is the new wiki going to be linked from the "Documentation" link?

GreyGeek
01-05-2005, 02:22 AM
Take your time. I'm sure I speak for the lot of us when I say your work is truly appreciated.

hear! Hear!